Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hi. My name is Kaitlyn!


I would have to say my favourite genre of photography would be portraits & weddings, as well as nature shots such as flowers, insects and anything outdoors. Right now these are my favourtie because they are what I have most experience with, but I am sure over time as I get into new genres I'll start to like them all. Oh, and I have a great love of macro shots!

I hope to become an expert on all technical aspects of photography, seeing as I know absolutely NOTHING about it and have only been shooting in program/auto since the beginning because I have no idea about the rest. You need more than just a good eye to take a great picture, and I can't wait to have the whole package!

My best photography related memory was being asked by a complete stranger to shoot their wedding, after they had only seen my work in a piczo website that I had created to showcase my work to riends and family. I am still not even sure how they came across my website, but it was the most amazing feeling ever! This all happened probably about a year after I got into photography, and that was the moment I knew I wanted to shoot photos for the rest of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kaitlyn. Question for you: What's the difference between a duck? Unlock that secret, and you will unlock the secrets of the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome for you to have had that experience of just going out there on your own and doing your thing... it takes a lot to be able to shoot a wedding for people you've never met and they obviously loved your work!! so your on the right track (and as for knowing nothing about the technical side right now, your not alone!!)

    ReplyDelete