Sunday, September 27, 2009

Working the subject... 100 creative ways!

I was lucky enough that my three objects for this assignment fit quite well together. Sure a dinosaur talking on an old school telephone sitting on awesome chair isn't super typical, but it worked. I found that most of my shots focused on the dinosaur and the telephone the most. The chair was harder to get more close up, different and interesting angles of, that is why almost all of the pictures don't really involve the chair I guess! I tried to get 100 completely different shots all together, but it was tough. Some look a little similar, but I tried my best to make them all unique even though near the end that was extremely hard to do. It was fun doing this assignment because it was different than a lot of our other work so far this year. In stead of going out in The Exchange or just out and about finding things to shoot, we knew exactly what our pictures needed to be of and had it all right in front of us. It is also a lot different than photographing people when you shoot still life because with people you change there pose, their expression or their settings to make a new photo, but with still life you mostly change you and your camera's angle/position to find a new photo of the objects. This is something fun and important to learn because you are always trying to take that new, interesting and unique photo, and you never know what you may be asked to shoot next. This exercise has began to teach and make me think about doing this more often while taking photos and it also helped me clear my mind because I was able to completely focus on the assignment and nothing else while doing it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment